Astley & Buckshaw JFC is pleased to announce a brand new partnership with the nationwide campaign, HerGameToo.
HerGameToo was founded by 12 passionate female football fans; who are committed to growing the campaign with the aim of fostering an ethos in football in which women are welcomed and respected equally. This campaign has now reached nearly 70 professional football clubs and countless grassroots teams
The aims of the campaign include:
- Creating awareness of sexism in football
- Developing a strong sense of community
- Creating regular content to champion women in football (players, staff AND fans)
- Creating strong relationships with clubs
- Creating strong relationships with club trusts and communities
- Having a presence at football grounds and sports bars to build a more welcoming environment for young girls and women
- Continue to campaign against sexism in football
At Astley & Buckshaw JFC, we fully support equal opportunity in sport no matter what a person’s gender is. With our brand new girls teams as well as our girl’s development programmes that are running, we are committed to making a difference in our local community.